Mornings can be magical!
It is so easy to have your alarm go off, grab your phone, roll out of bed, get coffee, get cranky, and then wonder why your day went the way it did.
Especially after during this wacky pandemic!
If you are looking to put some magic into your mornings or your kids are going back to school like mine are and you need a magical morning routine then this post is for you!
I used to hate mornings.
That means I know things have to be quick, easy, and fun in the morning in order for me to do them.
These tips will help you feel guided, sparkly, intuitive, and free-spirited!
If you have more to add, please share in the comments and spread the magical morning love!
4 Tips to Make Your Mornings Magical
- Ask for Guidance
- Before you get out of bed, even before you open your eyes, you can ask for guidance from the divine. You can connect with God, Universe, Spirit, Mother Earth, or any other way you address a higher power or force. Then simply ask: “Can you please guide me, help me, lead me, move me, show me?” Any variation or all of those. Then stay open to receiving guidance during the day.
- Sun Breath or Solar Breath
- Also called the Pingala Nadi Breath. Your right nostril is connected to the solar nadi (or channel) in your subtle energy body which is associated with vitality plus masculine and warming energy. Use the first two fingers on your left hand to close your left nostril. Begin breathing deeply through your right nostril. Practice for 3 rounds or 1 or 3 minutes. Then release the left nostril and breathe deeply through both nostrils. Pause and notice how you feel. This breath is featured in my Free Spirit Guidebook.
- Pick an animal guide for the day.
- You can use the printable animal guide oracle cards that come as a bonus with my Free Spirit Guidebook to shuffle and pick a card as shown in the video. You can also ask for an animal to show up during your day or for the name or vision of one to pop into your mind. Once you see or think of one, then look up the meaning and energy associated with that animal and figure out how that energy can help you in your life right now.
- Sun Salutations.
- Face east and greet the sun! Moving your body is a great way to start your day. It helps you get out of your head and release stress. If you are not familiar with Sun Salutations then simply watch this video I made a while back sharing different variations to get your morning started right. ***For a simple pick me up you can stand with your palms touching in front of your heart, inhale and lift your arms overhead, exhale and fold forward and touch or reach for your toes (bend your knees slightly), then inhale and roll all the way up, and finish with your palms back at your heart. Do this 3 times and start your day!
Just picking one of these things to do each morning will help make your morning magical!