|Be On Purpose
January 2023 is National Be On Purpose Month at the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts where I am a faculty member.
They are hosting live sessions every day on their Facebook at 12PM AZ Time!
Each day will feature a different guest speaker who will inspire you to live your life ‘on-purpose.’
I will be going live every Saturday.
Click here for all the details!
I will be Live on the following dates:
Saturday, January 7
Discover Your 2023 Animal Guide – Learn what type of energy is showing up to support this year.
Saturday, January 14
Who Do You Want To Become? Manifesting is not about getting, it’s about becoming.
Saturday, January 21
Tend To Your Vibration – Discover simple ways to come back in alignment with yourself.
Saturday, January 28
Be Gentle With Yourself – A gentle yoga, breath, and meditation practice to come home to yourself and integrate all the lessons from this month.
Be On Purpose
|“This month is all about encouraging us to start the new year by purposely putting our good intentions into action, both personally and professionally. Follow along with our speakers as they touch on various aspects of our life where living with intention can truly up-level our quality of life!”
Welcome to November! Curl up with a cup of tea or a glass of wine and get into the vibrations of November.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seed Recipe – Do you have pumpkin seeds left over from carving jack-o-lanterns? This simple recipe from my sister-in-law will have you devouring them!
- Waxing Moon Activity: Create An Ancestor Altar – Today is All Souls Day and this is the perfect time of year to connect with those who have gone before you. The altar is something you can keep up year-round if that feels right to you.
- November 8th: Full Moon – I love yoga under the moon and thought you might like to try this How To Clear Your Aura – a mini-yoga sequence.
- Waning Moon Activity: Releasing the Past Guided Visualization – If you are ready to embark on a new chapter or are feeling held back by a person or a younger version of yourself (mistakes made or bad choices you associate with your younger self), then this guided meditation will help you release the past and one forward.
- Take Time For You Speaker Summit – November 28 and December 12 – I’m going to be part of this free event geared towards helping busy women take time for themselves and share tools to get through the most stressful time of the year without losing their minds. More details coming soon!
- November 23rd is a New Moon – Since this is the day before Thanksgiving here in the United States, I plan on making a simple intention of slowing down and enjoying the holiday season.
- I am cutting these cards out to use as dinner-time conversation prompts this month.Happy Thanksgiving – Free Gratitude Cards Printables and one of those dinners is going to be this: Yummy Vegan Flatbread for Thanksgiving.
I hope you enjoy getting into the energy of the season.
Welcome to October! I am trying something new that I hope you will love. Curl up with a cup of tea or a glass of wine and get into the vibrations of October.
- October Quote
- October Pallete
- October 5th: New Online Course Launches!
- Waxing Moon Activity: Shift Your Altar To Halloween + Autumn
- Dance Under the Full Moon on October 9th!
- October 17: Tend To Your Vibration Online Course Starts!
- Waning Moon Ritual – Rituals for your Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Broom
- October 25th is a New Moon in Scorpio
- October 31st is Halloween!
- Embrace The Mystery
While the above quote doesn’t quite ring true here in Arizona, I still love this time of year. Allowing ourselves to live seasonally helps get us into the flow of life. When we allow things to end, it creates space for new beginnings. I hope you keep reading to discover fun ways to get into the energy and vibration of October. Anytime you are feeling a little lost, read that quote above again, go spend time in nature, plan an adventure and allow yourself to believe in miracles!
Don’t you just love to change your wardrobe and decor once fall arrives? Some of my favorite colors this time of year are Rust, Olive Green, Black, and Mustard Yellow.
Take a look at what you have for this fall and be open to bringing in and embodying the energy associated with the colors. Notice how the colors make you feel. Choose the ones that make you feel really, really, good. You can find the energy of more colors in my book, Tend To Your Vibration, or look at the colors you have and notice how they make you feel. Black might make you feel confident, Purple might make you feel witchy, and Orange might make you feel playful.
I watch Annie Hall every autumn and love the blacks, olive greens, greys, and khaki colors (and, of course, plaid!) that Diane Keaton and Carol Kane wear. I just got these olive green pants and am on the lookout for the perfect black ballet top and soft v-neck grey sweater. Do you have favorite movies to watch this time of year?
October 5th: New Online Course Launches!
Are you ready to get unstuck and into the flow of life? I am so excited to share that on Wednesday, October 5th the doors open to my new online course, Tend To Your Vibration. Woohoo! This is the perfect time of year to tune inwards and learn how to use nature, breath, thoughts, imagination, and energy to increase your confidence and live with more joy and ease.
My hope is for you to complete the course vibrating at a higher level, feeling amazing, being a magnet for your desires, and empowered with a toolbox full of fun, magical practices to handle the ups and downs of life and create a life you love.
This one-of-a-kind program will run from October 17th until November 17th. More details coming to your inbox on the 5th!
Waxing Moon Activity: Shift Your Altar To Halloween + Autumn:
The moon is in the waxing phase until the full moon on the 9th. So this is the perfect time to gather some Halloween decorations and autumn-related supplies to place on your altar. If you like, you can clear off your whole altar and start fresh. Otherwise, move your altar items around to accommodate your autumn-themed pieces.
Some examples would be:
- Changing the candles to orange, black, or purple.
- Adding small pumpkins and gourds or jack-o-lanterns.
- Placing crystals that are orange and black.
- Adding scented candles or grounding essential oils to your diffuser like Cedarwood or Pumpkin Spice.
- Burning loose incense like Mugwort.
- Pulling tarot or oracle cards related to the season to display and meditate on.
Have fun with this!
You want this to be a place you will sit in front of and feel connected to the season.
Dance Under the Full Moon on October 9th!
One of my favorite things to do on the full moon is dancing in its silvery light. I created an Autumn Playlist so I can do just that. It is also perfect for just chilling out, taking a bath, gathering with friends, or spending time at your altar. Enjoy!
- Autumn In New York – Billie Holiday
- Harvest Moon – Neil Young
- Autumn Town Leaves – Iron and Wine
- Undone – The Sweater Song – Weezer
- My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion – The Flaming Lips
- Seasons (Autumn): I. Allegro – Vivaldi
- Autumn Leaves – Nat King Cole
- We Fell In Love In October – Girl in Red
- Autumn Sweater – Yo La Tengo
- Autumn Leaves – Ed Sheeran
- Autumn Almanac – The Kinks
- Autumn Serenade – John Coltrane
- Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground – The White Stripes
- Harvest Fair – Summer Salt
- Ramble On – Led Zeppelin
- Sweater Weather – The Neighborhood
You can find this playlist on Apple Music here: Autumn Playlist.
My husband, Matt, created a Halloween playlist that I thought you might like. Check it out here: Halloween Playlist.
October 17: Tend To Your Vibration Online Course Starts!
Do you want to start creating positive shifts and receiving abundance in every area of your life? Starting October 17th, I’ll be bringing the lessons from my book, Tend To Your Vibration, to life to help you do just that.
I hope you join me! More details and special pricing coming your way on October 5th!
Waning Moon Ritual – Rituals for your Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Broom
Do you buy cinnamon brooms this time each year? One of the most popular posts on my website is about creating rituals with the ones I usually get at Trader Joe’s. I just saw they have them at Sprouts too. I love putting the large one outside and the mini one in the kitchen.
The moon is waning from after the full moon until the next new moon on the 25th. Since the waning moon is all about releasing it is the perfect time to sweep some negative energy out of your home. Find fun ways to do this here: RITUALS FOR YOUR TRADER JOE’S CINNAMON BROOM.
October 25th is a New Moon in Scorpio
Tuesday, October 25th is a new moon in Scorpio which is a Water sign that is often associated with intensity, magnetism, mystery, shadow-side, loyalty, sexiness, possessiveness, power, and bravery.
I created a card spread to help you bring the positive aspects of this sign into your life. Check it out here: Scorpio New Moon Card Spread & Ritual
If tarot or oracle cards are not your thing, then try this is more of an intuitive journal challenge.
October 31st is Halloween!
Do you know the origin of the jack-o’-lantern? The History Channel shares How Jack O’Lanterns Originated in Irish Myth, “In Ireland and Scotland, people began to make their own versions of Jack’s lanterns by carving scary faces into turnips or potatoes and placing them into windows or near doors to frighten away Stingy Jack and other wandering evil spirits.”
I love the idea of putting out jack-o’-lanterns with the intention of protecting your home from negative energy.
Embrace The Mystery
I always feel like this time of year invites us to embrace the mystery that is life. The more we learn, the more we are reminded of much we don’t know. This feeling can be unsettling and that is why I am inviting you to embrace the mystery, dance with the mystery, surrender to the mystery, play with the mystery, and enter into the mystery.
If all of the rituals and suggestions above seem overwhelming, then maybe you are being called to slow down this month. Simply spend time noticing the change of seasons and be gentle with yourself.
Feel free to pick and choose how you want to engage in the vibrations of October. Be open to opportunities that show up in your life to deepen your connection to this season and to yourself.
When it comes to practicing your spirituality, I encourage you to listen to your intuition. In addition to everything above, I love finding things my Irish ancestors might have done seasonally and bringing them into my life. I was also raised Catholic and enjoy connecting with the saints, like getting our pug, Leo, blessed in honor of St. Francis of Assisi at the beginning of October.
I believe our practices will always look different. I truly enjoy sharing what has worked for me in hopes that it helps you create a more loving relationship with yourself and the world around you. You deserve it.
I used to worry about how people would judge my spiritual practice. I worried that some would judge that I even have one. I worried that others would judge that it is not inline enough with a specific religion or idealogy.
The concept of embracing the mystery has allowed me to not worry about what others think anymore in regards to my spirituality and its been a beautiful gift to myself.
I hope everything I shared this month helps you embrace the mystery that is life and connects you with a deeper sense of self.
Embrace the mystery. All the mess, all the magic, and everything in between.
Today is called Lion’s Gate in astrology (8/8) and it happens when the Sun is in Leo and it aligns with the star Sirius, Earth, and Orion’s Belt.
It is supposed to be a good day for manifesting and here are 2 ways to tap into this energy:
1. Meditate and imagine a lion next to you as your guide. Ask what you need to know right now or what you need to know to manifest your dreams. Work with a Lion as your animal guide and tap into its energy to help you manifest your goals.
(You can also listen to the Animal Guide meditation on the Bonus page for my book, Tend To Your Vibration.)
2. Write one, some, or all of the following questions, then spend 3 to 5 minutes breathing deeply, then free write anything that comes up?
- How can I create more physical/emotional/mental strength?
- How can I step more fully into my personal power?
- How can I be more assertive in ___________ (certain area of your life)?
- How can I be the dominant force in my life?
- How can I embody a regal presence?
Enjoy this powerful, high vibe energy today!
The energy goes until the 12 of August so feel free to do these exercises before then if you don’t have time today.
Last year when I started teaching about the law of attraction and the concepts in Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill at the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts, I knew it would bring up limiting beliefs in my students.
I decided to add the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) as part of our weekly classes to help shift any negative energy that came up around being worthy and capable of receiving our desires.
Because of this, I started using it even more too. It has helped my life so much.
EFT or Tapping is a great tool for eliminating negative and limiting beliefs based on the principles of acupressure.
It is based on the theory that negative emotional experiences can disturb the energy meridians that run through your body. When you use your fingertips to tap on key points on your face and body while focusing on a problem or negative feeling, you realign the energy meridians associated with those memories and allow healing to occur.
You start by saying a setup statement like the one below while tapping on specific points on your face and body:
“Even though I have this fear, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
Through this process, you are stating that even if the worst thing about you was true, you still deeply and completely love and accept yourself anyway. So beautiful!
You can get even more specific like:
- “Even though I worried about how I am going to get clients…”
- “Even though I have failed in the past….”
- “Even though I have never been good with money….”
- “Even though I don’t feel like I should make a living doing what I love…”
You want to go deep and get honest. Always finish with “…I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
The process of EFT restores balance to your energy system and helps create self-acceptance. This is important because it releases you to take action, because then you know it’s never going to be as bad as you think. It’s a reassurance at a soul level, that everything is okay.
You can use EFT every day if you like to clear some old emotions that reveal themselves as you grow your business and step into the role of entrepreneur.
“With EFT you become responsible for soothing or calming yourself instead of waiting for a person to change your mood, attitude, or behavior so you can feel better immediately and we know that good feelings attract good things.”– Denise Duffield-Thomas
Come up with a setup phrase such as “Even though I worried about how I am going to get clients…” and notice how intense this feeling is. Then repeat that phrase 3 times while tapping on the side of your hand, the karate chop point.
Then tap around 5 to 10 times on each of these points:
- The top of the head
- The eyebrow, near the bridge of your nose
- Side of the eye, near your temple
- Under the eye
- Under the nose
- The crease between the chin and lip
- The collarbone
- Underneath the arm
While tapping, recite a reminder phrase to maintain focus on your problem area. If your setup phrase is, “Even though I worried about how I am going to get clients…” your reminder phrase can be, “The worry I feel about getting clients.” or simply “getting clients.” Recite this phrase at each tapping point. Repeat this sequence two or three times.
At the end of your sequence, check in with how intensely you are still feeling. If it hasn’t gone down enough, repeat this process until you feel a positive shift.
It might feel good to end with a cycle of a positive statement like “Even though in the past, I would get stuck on how things were going to work out, I now know that the Universe supports my desires and I can draw in my dream clients with ease and create a beautiful thriving business I love.”
You can also tap in public by just tapping on the side of your hand (karate chop point) or the outside of the eye on one side.
Tips: Begin to notice when your attitude or energy shifts or you are stuck in negative thoughts. Then use this technique to help you shift out of it. Once you begin to use this regularly, you will love how empowered you feel. Enjoy!