If you are looking to bust through blocks in your life then Ego Eradicator Breath can help. This is a Kundalini Yoga Exercise that is very powerful.
What I mean by “blocks” are any mental and emotional patterns that are holding you back from moving forward in the direction you want to go.
Examples of different types of blocks are:
- Being stuck in a pattern of thinking in which you have a hard time seeing the idea, item, or situation any other way. This can be like not seeing any way to earn more money, or feeling convinced that you will never fall in love (or fall in love again), or thinking that negative things ALWAYS happen to you.
- Emotional blocks are often ways of acting that keep you repeating a pattern such as sabotaging your own work by being late regularly, or closing yourself off and pushing a partner away every time things get serious, or never planning ahead so that you miss important things in your life and blame it on others.
So often you do these things unconsciously. In your heart, you want more and you want to love differently but your ego is trying to keep you safe. Unchartered territory can seem scary.
When you feel like you are stuck in a rut (these are called samsakras in yoga – ooh, that is a whole other post), you can practice Ego Eradicator to help you get out of the rut and move forward. It works on an energetic level. You will understand what I mean after you practice the breath.
Ego Eradicator Breath
- Begin sitting comfortably in a chair or on the floor in easy pose (legs crossed).
- Lift your arms up to a 60-degree angle (see video). Keep your elbows straight and your shoulders relaxed.
- Your fingertips will curl and rest on to the pads of your palms at the base of your fingers. Thumbs are stretched out.
- Close your eyes and roll them in and up to focus on your third-eye or above your head.
- Practice Breath of Fire. Take quick inhales and exhales of equal length. The area above the navel point naturally comes in on the exhale and releases on the inhale. You can watch this video here too.
- Continue for 1 – 3 minutes. Or a few rounds if you are just starting out.
- Finish by inhaling deeply and bringing your arms overhead to touch your thumbs together. Then open your fingers, exhale and relax your arms down.
This breath is not recommended if you are pregnant or menstruating.
This breath is more like a meditation. It helps clear and strengthen your energetic field, your aura.
Ego Eradicator exercise is a great introduction noticing how your breath and body can help you release blocks and patterns that you have been holding onto so you can feel more energized and confident to move forward.
I talked about this breath in this blog post: Spiritual Tips for When a Family Member is in the Hospital.
Ego Eradicator breath helps strengthen your nervous system to respond to stress with greater ease, increases lung capacity, and is both relaxing and energizing.
I do this practice every day. In the morning when I wake up. When I feel stuck or frustrated during the day. At night when I want to get rid of all of the junk, I picked up from other people, news, etc.
Let me know in the comments what you think of this exercise!