When I feel like the world needs a bit more love and I wish I could help, I try to end my days with a special meditation in which I envision that I am sending love and compassion from my heart to the whole world.
When there are special people on my mind, I pause and focus on them for a bit during this meditation.
Guided Heart Chakra Meditation
- Close your eyes.
- Take some deep breaths through your nose.
- Then let your breath relax.
- Picture your heart center.
- Imagine love and compassion in and around your heart as light.
- Pick a color for the light.
- Let that light grow to encompass your whole body.
- Let it grow to encompass your house or apartment building and all of the people in it.
- Visualize it expanding to your neighborhood and city.
- Then your state and country.
- Then neighboring countries.
- Then the whole world.
- Visualize the whole world in your loving and compassionate light.
- You are sending your positive and loving energy to every person, place, and creature.
- Open your eyes and continue on with your day or keep them closed and go to sleep.
It is so healing.
There is scientific research confirming the heart is sending out light and electromagnetic wave fields. I love this excerpt from the book Playing in the Unified Field by Carla Hannaford, PhD:
“All the neurotransmitters found in the brain are also found in the heart. The heart actually appears to have its own sensitivity to the world, and exhibits that with intelligence, to the extent that the brain energetically revolves around the heart, and not the other way around.
The heart generates an electromagnetic energy field (EMF) that is 60 times greater than the field of the brain (as measured externally by a SQUID). It is the largest EMF within the body system, extending 8–16 feet around the body. People’s hearts are powerful transmitters, constantly sending out light and electromagnetic wave fields. The physical “antennae” able to pick up these waves is the entire body with its sensory apparatus and huge heart field.”
*** I talk about thinking of a color of the light of love that you send from your heart and I want to share some ideas:
- go with the first color that pops into your mind
- use green because it is the color associated with the heart (Anahata) chakra
- go traditional with pink or red
- use white light for healing
Eventually, you will do this without listening to a recording. You can lie in bed and just use your imagination. You can also use it to send love to a specific person too. I LOVE doing that!
You are a compassionate and loving person.
Your heart can heal the world!