It’s summer! It has been warm in Arizona for a while now and my boys have been out of school for a few weeks. I am someone who starts out with big plans but does not see all of them through. I wanted to take some of the extra time I have this summer to work on some projects and to watch some good movies. My usual problem is that I talk about all of the projects and movies but never write them down so when I actually have the time I end up just watching tv. Not this summer!
I have created 2 sets of printables to help keep track of the projects I want done and the movies I want to watch. I have included my family in on the fun too. They have been happily adding to the list.
So far on my lists are:
- Wall map – my husband received a huge wall map that we want to mount and frame with painted moulding. Can’t wait!
- Tips from my parents – I want to create a list of advice from my parents to put in a booklet, scrapbook or frame. I might end up with a printable for this too.
- POOL sign – we want to make a light-up sign that says POOL by our pool. Definitely need to do some research on this one.
- Stuffed animal clothes – my boys have tons of stuffed animals and they have asked for little shirts for them. I have tons of extra fabric and just need to make a pattern. Cute!
- Little pennants – I want to make little pennants with saying on them like “Smile” and “I love you” to hang around the house.
- DIY lip scrub – it is dry here in the summer and I want to make my own moisturizing lip scrub to use daily.
- Plants in every room – I hoping to have at least one plant in every room by the end of summer. Then I will have to set reminders to water them. Lol!
- Aladdin – my boys have been wanting to watch this forever so we are on the hunt to find it!
- E.T. – my husband is pretty excited that my older son is ready for this classic.
- Billy Wilder’s One, Two, Three – I bought a poster for this at the Printers Row Book Fair in Chicago years ago and was told it is a great movie.
- The Apartment – Jack Lemmon in New York City and I am sold!
- Double Indemnity – This movie is so famous and I have never seen it.
- His Girl Friday – When I was hired at the 5 & Diner after high school my nickname was Friday after this movie because I was going to have different jobs around the restaurant. I have been meaning to watch it ever since.
- Roman Holiday – An Audrey Hepburn movie that I have never seen!
What will be on your list? Happy summer!
Get your Summer Projects + Summer Movie Free Watercolor Printable here!