Ooh! One of my favorite things to do on the Full Moon is to set time aside for ritual.
When you first start working with the moon it is best to keep things simple.
It is so easy to get carried away with life and forget to take a moment to slow down, express gratitude, reflect on your New Moon intention, and/or simply enjoy the present moment.
The Full Moon allows you to take this time.
Here is a simple Full Moon Ritual that you can customize and make your own:
Just Me & the Moon (no supplies needed):
- This can be done outside or inside.
- Find a place to sit comfortably with a straight spine. If you don’t think you will fall asleep, you can also lie down.
- Take at least 3 deep breaths in and out of your nose. Or set a timer and breathe deeply for 1 minute. Then allow the breath to relax.
- If the sky is clear, take some time to gaze at the full moon. If not or the moon has not risen yet, simply close your eyes and imagine a full moon above you.
- Express thanks for being here right now. Express thanks for anything else you are feeling grateful for.
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine the light on the moon coming down into the crown of your head. Imagine that silvery, cool energy moving down your face, over your shoulders, arms, chest, back, belly, hips, and down both legs.
- As the light moves through your body, imagine tight areas relaxing, dark areas being healed, and blocked areas being opened.
- Imagine that the light surrounds your body too. Bask in this light.
- You might like to set a timer, play music, or stay as long as you want.
- When you are ready, begin to deepen your breath again. Bring your awareness back to your body.
- Notice how you feel. If any feelings, ideas, or thoughts came up, then take a moment to jot them down.
- Thank yourself for taking this time. Thank the moon for her healing energy.
- Know that you can move forward with grace and ease because you took this time for yourself.
How to customize:
- You can visualize a specific color coming from the moon or notice if a different one shows up in your visualization. Look up the healing properties of that color.
- If you need some physical healing, allow yourself to have the moonlight focus on a particular area. Imagine that is bringing healing energy to that area.
- If you need to release a negative habit or memory, imagine the moonlight going into a dark area and shining a healthy light there. Giving you the feeling that you no longer have to hide behind that habit or hide from that memory.
Any of these customizations can be taken deeper.
You might like to ask out loud or in your head to be shown the next steps to take. Trust that by taking this time for yourself tonight that you have raised your vibration to match the healing or opportunities you desire to come to you.
The first part of this is super simple because I believe it is important for you not to get caught up in supplies, astrological signs, a beautiful Instagram shot. While I enjoy these things myself, the whole point of following the moon is to slow down.
When you slow down, your body and mind have a chance to catch up and blend everything together.
So I hope you take the time to sit under the moon and allow her silvery light to connect you with the real you.
One of my favorite place to look up the dates, times, and names of the full moons is: https://www.almanac.com/astronomy/moon/full