This is one of my favorite full moons of the year!
You probably have memories of catching a bright orange moon coming up over the horizon this time of year and just being stunned by its beauty and power.
This year, I am hosting a private Full Moon Gathering in my neighborhood for friends.
I want to share with you a ritual you can do this weekend to tap into the feeling of gratitude and abundance.
Around the country, farms are being harvested and farmers are reflecting on their bounty.
As we change into the autumn season, it is nice for you to apply the same principles to your life.
So often once we accomplish one thing we start thinking about the next thing that we have to do.
Use this moon to pause and rest after the work that you have done.
Remind yourself of your hard work. Look back to see how far you have come. Take moment to look at the fruits of your labor, your harvest, and be grateful.
Let’s take some time to reflect on what seeds you have planted, which ones you nurtured, which ones grew, and which ones you are harvesting right now.
Harvest Full Moon Ritual
journal and pen
Stones – pyrite, carnelian, or citrine
Incense – Sandalwood or a fall-scented variety
Candle – white, orange, yellow, or gold
***If you don’t have any of the above, improvise and gather supplies that make you think of fall.
- Gather your supplies and find a special spot under the full moon. If it rises too late for you to do this, no worries. Simply find a cozy spot in the evening.
- If you do not have the supplies I suggested, you can always pick what you are drawn to based on what you have on hand. Trust your intuition.
- Light your candles and incense and place your stones in front of you.
- Close your eyes and Think about seeds being planted, then nurtured, then growing into food, providing sustenance and joy to many. Now think about the seeds you have planted and what they have become.
- Begin to think about what you are enjoying right now if your life. Start to write these down in your journal.
- Then think about the efforts you put in to make your current reality possible. Write them down. Thank yourself for your efforts.
- Think about the people who have helped you get here. Write them down and send them a mental thank you.
- Take note of how your efforts have helped others.
- If your mind starts to wander to more things you “have” to get done, bring your thoughts back to the present moment. Remind yourself that you are celebrating coming this far. Enjoy it!
- Smile and be happy about what you have worked for.
- Then say or write down: “My ability to draw in the things, people, and situations I desire is increasing daily and my desires are constantly aligning with the greatest good for all.” (quote from Medicine Woman guidebook).
We try to be “on” all of the time. Allow this Harvest Full Moon to remind you of the cycles of the seasons. You have worked hard to get here. Be thankful and rejoice.
Going forward you can reflect on what you have done right and do it again.
Make this cycle of celebration a ritual. When you feel stuck in the future or feel like things are hard, you can remind yourself that you have been in this situation before, got past it, and then celebrated your efforts in the end.
Let yourself feel good right now. It is that energy that will help you duplicate and grow your efforts going forward.
Disclaimer: I have been using the Medicine Woman deck and Guidebook for 4 years in my daily life and treasure it so much. The links I share are affiliate links because I believe in this so much. I am actually thinking about doing a Medicine Woman Tarot Training in 2021!)