Hello beautiful people! I was truly hoping to launch the 2nd issue of my magazine this week but things have changed. My husband’s uncle went into hospice care this week and we are going to visit him.
I know this is rather personal and I have learned that sharing my personal stuff is healing for me and sometimes for others too so I wanted to be honest.
When I feel that things are out of my control and I wish I could help, I try to end my days with a special meditation in which I envision that I am sending love and compassion from my heart to the whole world. When there are special people on my mind, I pause and focus on them for a bit during this meditation. I recorded this and shared it on Facebook at the end of last year after the Paris attacks and thought that this is a good time to share it here.
This is from my original Facebook post:
“It can feel overwhelming when there are a lot of bad things happening in the world and people disagreeing on how to handle them. It is hard not to feel helpless or hopeless. During these times I use a beautiful visualization that I want to share with you.
- Close your eyes.
- Take some deep breaths through your nose.
- Then let your breath relax.
- Picture your heart center.
- Imagine love and compassion around your heart as light.
- Pick a color for the light.
- Let that light grow to encompass your whole body.
- Let it grow to encompass your house or apartment building and all of the people in it.
- Visualize it expanding to your neighborhood and city.
- Then your state and country.
- Then neighboring countries.
- Then the whole world.
- Visualize the whole world in your loving and compassionate light.
- You are sending your positive and loving energy to every person, place and creature.
- Open your eyes and continue on with your day or keep them closed and go to sleep.
I made a recording of this on Soundcloud and you can listen to it here: https://www.kerryburki.com/meditations/
It is so healing.
I will be doing this meditation a lot and sending love your way. Please send love to me and my family. XO!