I had a local Indigenous artist reach out to me about mentioning sage in my book. We ended up having a very informative conversation over Instagram about cultural appropriation and how I can be a better ally.
The problem with white sage is that it is being over-harvested and being used in ways that are very harmful and disrespectful to Indigenous communities. She also told me about how the act of smudging with white sage is a sacred act that is being culturally appropriated.
I want to share some of the resources she shared with me along with some others I found doing my own research.
The inspiration for the Clearing Your Space with Smoke and Sound Lesson in my book came from the fact that smoke cleansing has been a practice in many cultures for centuries including my Celtic heritage.
When I have cleared myself and my spaces with smoke it has been so healing for me and I want to share it with others.
I try to be very intentional and respectful with my work and am always open to learning more and moving forward in the right direction.
I will be making some edits in the second edition of my Free Spirit Guidebook and am grateful for the way I was called in about how I might be harming Indigenous communities with my work.
I encourage you to do your own research and, if you do love sage, please consider garden sage or buying from ethically sourced businesses.
Pick the crystal you are drawn to the most and share it in the comments.
During my book launch parties, I asked people to do this and then shared the qualities associated with the one they chose and a little ritual to do based on the Working with Crystals lesson in my new Free Spirit Guidebook.
The image above shows which one you chose and then you can scroll down for your reading.
1. Selenite – You are picking up a lot of people’s negative energy. Either using selenite or imagining it in your hand, move it around your body like you are clearing it of negative energy and flick it away. After you are done, imagine yourself surrounded by white light. Repeat as needed.
2. Tiger’s Eye – You need strength in times of stress. Either carry it with you to feel more grounded or place your hand just above your navel at your Solar Plexus Chakra, imagine yellow light there and repeat, “I trust my gut instincts and stand in my personal power.
3. Red Jasper – You need help with anxiety now or in the near future. Take some time each day to breathe deeply and imagine roots coming out of your feet and base of your spine and going deep into the earth. Feel as though you draw up the stabilizing energy of the earth with each breath.
4. Snowflake Obsidian – You might experience anger over the next weeks. You can hold this stone or any stone in your hand for a quick release of anger. Put it in the sun after.
5. Sodalite – You are seeking harmony with your words and your thoughts. Take time to meditate by imagining blue light at your throat and indigo light at your 3rd eye. Forgive yourself for negative thoughts and then choose a more positive one. Also, pause before you speak.
6. Amethyst – You have been feeling like you are in the murkiness of the earthly world. Take time to imagine a 1000-petaled lotus opening on the crown of your head connecting you to the wisdom of the universe.
7. Clear Quartz Crystal – You are seeking clarity right now. Imagine a wind coming in and blowing all around you, removing old, stagnant energy. Then imagine yourself surrounded by white light. Say, “I can see clearly now.” Stay open to new opportunities and aha moments.
8. Rose Quartz – Love, love, love. Imagine rose-colored light around your heart. Imagine growing to surround your whole body. Then imagine it growing and surrounding the whole world. Love is everywhere and you are connected to it.
9. Howlite – Your life is asking you to be more discerning. What are some things you do that help you feel more confident in your decisions? Exercising, meditating, baths? Make sure you are doing them so you can act tactfully and joy and ease.
10. Green Aventurine – Luck and success are making their way to you if they are no already here. If you feel like you have certain behaviors or thought patterns that block you from receiving then please take a hard look at those now. You are worthy of all of your desire. Repeat. I am loving and lovable. I welcome luck and success in my life on all levels. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Did you buy your Free Spirit Guidebook yet? I created a fun giveaway to help you bring the lessons to life! There are 3 prizes:
Free Spirit Coaching Session with me – This will be the perfect way to kick off 2020. You’ll share where you are in your life, where you want to go, and how you want to feel. Then I’ll help you use the lessons from the Free Spirit Guidebook to get you into the flow of life as you embark on the new year. You will leave the session feeling supported as you move into the new decade.
Ten of the Crystals and Stones that are featured in the Free Spirit Guidebook. You will receive one of each of the following: Selenite, Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Red Jasper, Snowflake Obsidian, Rose Quartz, Sodalite, Tiger’s Eye, plus a Howlite pendant, and Green Aventurine earrings. The guidebook includes the energy associated with each stone, along with some simple rituals to incorporate into your life.
One Sage Bundle and one Palo Santo stick. You can use these as you go through the lesson Clearing Your Space with Smoke from the guidebook.
How To Enter: To enter, order your Free Spirit Guidebook (print or digital version – Link in Bio) and then send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Free Spirit Giveaway” and an attached screenshot proving your order. You will be entered to win one of the three prizes listed above.
Giveaway ends 12/18 11:59pm PST.
3 winners will be announced 12/20. Must be 18 years or older to enter. Open to anyone around the world.
***Extra Bonus: All print orders receive the digital edition for free until the new year! Simply email me a screenshot of your print order on Amazon to email@example.com so I can send it to you. Or I’ll send it to you when you email me to enter the giveaway. Hooray!
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.