I am so happy to have my sister-in-law, Krissy, contribute a recipe here! She is vegan and loves finding yummy recipes so I asked her to share a favorite of her’s for Thanksgiving. I have tried this one and it is SO yummy!
You will need:
Store bought pizza dough
Small butternut squash
1 medium red onion
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Small bunch kale
White bean spread:
Can white beans
1/4 c olive oil
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Heat oven to 375.
2. Peel butternut squash and cut into 1/2″ cubes.
3. Cut red onion into slices.
4. Put onions and squash on baking dish. Coat with olive oil, s&p, and thyme.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until squash is tender.
6. In the meantime, make the bean spread.
7. Put garlic in food processor or blender and process until finely diced.
8. Add beans, olive oil, lemon juice, thyme. Process until smooth.
9. Chop kale and saute in olive oil for 3 minutes until soft.
10. Chop apples into small slices.
11. Assemble pizza. Spread bean spread onto pizza dough. Add butternut squash, onion slices, apple slices and kale. Spread evenly throughout.
12. Bake 10 minutes.
Help from my awesome nephew, Rileigh.
Help from my adorable nephew, Sage.
She also made one with cheese for the kids (hence 2 different pizzas.) Just added shredded mozzarella.
Doesn’t it look delicious?