On Wednesday, October 24th, 2018 the Full Moon is in Taurus. Taurus is the bull and while people often think of bulls as charging they are also known for grounded and contented energy at times.
This duality shows up in the Medicine Woman Deck as the Peacemaker card and asks you to:
Let go of your need for conflict with certain people in your life.
Did someone just pop into your head?
Over the next few days, think about the people you tend to butt heads with and ask for guidance (possibly from a Bull animal guide) on how you can let go of the need to do so. So often it is our own egos holding us back and putting us into cyclical situations.
Tap into the energy of the Peacemaker and the grounded and contented Bull.
If there are certain practices in your life, such as meditation or waiting before you respond to emails or texts, that help you better embrace these qualities then now is the time make them habits.
For those of you that enjoy fire rituals, consider writing the name of the person or person that you tend to conflict with the most on a piece of paper. Then say:
“I release the need for conflict with this person.”
and drop it into the fire.
Always be safe when working with fire.
For added support have amethyst and/or fluorite on your altar, workspace, or home.
>>> Take a moment now to take 3 deep breaths. Enjoy the energy of this message!
Decks Used >>> Animal Guide Deck by me (available in the Animal Guide Meditation & Painting workshop) and Medicine Woman Deck by Carol Bridges
Ooh! One of my favorite things to do on the Full Moon is to set time aside for ritual.
Sometimes I do this with a group at a Full Moon Yoga class or sometimes by myself under the light of the moon, or sometimes a special moment with my family, or online creating a meditation for others.
It is so easy to get carried away with life and forget to take a moment to slow down, express gratitude, reflect on your New Moon intention, and/or simply enjoy the present moment.
The Full Moon allows you to take this time.
Here is a simple Full Moon Ritual that you can customize and make your own:
Just Me & the Moon (no supplies needed):
- This can be done outside or inside.
- Find a place to sit comfortably with a straight spine. If you don’t think you will fall asleep, you can also lie down.
- Take at least 3 deep breaths in and out of your nose. Or set a timer and breathe deeply for 1 minute. Then allow the breath to relax.
- If the sky is clear, take some time to gaze at the full moon. If not or the moon has not risen yet, simply close your eyes and imagine a full moon above you.
- Express thanks for being here right now. Express thanks for anything else you are feeling grateful for.
- Close your eyes.
- Imagine the light on the moon coming down into the crown of your head. Imagine that silvery, cool energy moving down your face, over your shoulders, arms, chest, back, belly, hips, and down both legs.
- As the light moves through your body, imagine tight areas relaxing, dark areas being healed, and blocked areas being opened.
- Imagine that the light surrounds your body too. Bask in this light.
- You might like to set a timer, play music, or stay as long as you want.
- When you are ready, begin to deepen your breath again. Bring your awareness back to your body.
- Notice how you feel. If any feelings, ideas, or thoughts came up, then take a moment to jot them down.
- Thank yourself for taking this time. Thank the moon for her healing energy.
- Know that you can move forward with grace and ease because you took this time for yourself.
If you are Manifesting with the Moon and using my free workbook, then be sure to write Moon Visualization or something else that describes your ritual under the Full Moon Ritual section of your worksheet.
How to customize:
- You can visualize a specific color coming from the moon or notice if a different one shows up in your visualization. Look up the healing properties of that color. (Join The Dreamcatcher Circle for more Color Magic!)
- If you need some physical healing, allow yourself to have the moonlight focus on a particular area. Imagine that is bringing healing energy to that area.
- If you need to release a negative habit or memory, imagine the moonlight going into a dark area and shining a healthy light there. Giving you the feeling that you no longer have to hide behind that habit or hide from that memory.
Any of these customizations can be taken deeper.
You might like to ask out loud or in your head to be shown the next steps to take. Trust that by taking this time for yourself tonight that you have raised your vibration to match the healing or opportunities you desire to come to you.
The first part of this is super simple because I believe it is important for you not to get caught up in supplies, astrological signs, a beautiful Instagram shot. While I enjoy these things myself, the whole point of following the moon is to slow down.
When you slow down, your body and mind have a chance to catch up and blend everything together.
So I hope you take the time to sit under the moon and allow her silvery light to connect you with the real you.
Do you remember that Energizing Flow Yoga video I shared in June?
The video I am sharing today is perfect to do after or on the days in between for a complete yoga practice. I also love this sequence during the waning moon phase that we are currently in.
So perfect for lazy summer days or under the moon!
Always check with your doctor before practicing yoga.
The most important thing is to listen to your body. You are your best teacher and I am simply your guide.
BENEFITS OF GENTLE YOGA:
Calms the mind
Keeps organs healthy
Helps with mindfulness
There are a ton more benefits too! Practice this and let me know how you feel after!!!!
If you really like this, I would recommend doing it 2 to 3 days a week. It is also gentle enough to be a daily practice.
This is a beautiful way to open up to your intuition and increase your trust in your self.
A couple of weekends ago I woke up and decided to make these moon phase printables for you! They are 8.5″ x 11″ and available in the updated Manifesting with the Moon workbook which is free when you sign up for my newsletter.The one above with 4 phases goes along with the Manifesting with the Moon workbook.
The one with 8 phases is an opportunity to for you to go a bit deeper as you track yourself during the month. Remember, the dates for the New Moons and Full Moons of 2018 are in the workbook.
I have also created a full page manifesting worksheet (show above).
Links to the downloadable pdf’s can be found in the updated:
Full Moon Ritual and Meditation
The Moon and Arrow Lodge Facebook page
Sunday April 29th, 2018 – 6:30pm PST/Arizona (7:30pm MST – 8:30pm CST – 9:30pm EST) – it will be approximately 30 minutes.
Bring yourself. If you like you might like to light a candle, burn some incense, diffuse essential oils, put your crystals out to be cleansed in the light of the full moon, have a special drink, etc.
This moon is also called Pink Moon, Planting Moon, and Wind Moon so play around with those. Maybe have some pink flowers or put seeds out under the full moon, or step outside and feel the wind or breeze on your skin.
Make it yours.